Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Breakfast today....

28.4 kgs lost. So close to 30kgs I can almost touch it :) BP 111/73 (great!)



Two eggs, scrambled with tomato, grated carrot, red onion (it's better than white) and a slice of ham. I had the sandwich press handy on the bench so I wrapped it in a herb and garlic wrap and then toasted it. BBQ sauce and pepper to taste.

One thing I learned from my dietician. I have a cheese obsession LOL (It's hereditary :P)
I was adding cheese to almost every meal in some form LOL
I've cut waaaay back on the cheese. It was mostly habit for me to throw it into mashed potato, eggs, salads etc.
Most days I have no cheese anymore. If I really feel like adding it, I'll add a little sprinkle of low fat grated cheese, but for now I'm not missing it.

I've been on a no-salt diet for 6 months. I don't add salt to anything I cook. I don't add salt afterwards at the table. I read labels carefully - especially things like gravy mixes, slow cooker mixes, oven mixes etc. I try to make those things from scratch when I can, but do still use them on occasion.

For some STUPID reason I ordered a meal that was drowning in Soy Sauce. Funny, in all of the appointments I've had with BP clinics, dietitians etc no one has ever mentioned Soy Sauce to me. My body rejected the soy sauce in the worst possible way. My first clue was my heart beat/pulse. Within an hour of eating, it was bouncing around all over the place. (Like I used to get from too much caffeine) My next clue was the stomach cramps which had me racing to the toilet. That's as much detail as I'll go into for you all LOL It lasted two days and I am only starting to feel a little human again today.

I told Mum and Peta that I could market my Soy Sauce diet to a trashy magazine - very effective for weight loss....1.2kgs in 2 days - oops!

NO MORE SOY (SALT) SAUCE!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Em said...

you can get a low sodium variety, and i think Tamari (the gluten free alternative) is low in salt too.

January 7, 2011 at 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, can I come for breakfast? and yes red onions are delish!

From a fellow Cheese Addict.

January 9, 2011 at 7:37 PM  
Blogger KatherineB said...

Confession time... I have a cheese, milk, dairy addiction too....I think we are sisters! LOL! Thanks for the tip on that brekkie - again - another super meal Rach! Salt just got canned from my plate too - thanks for the tip! (which come to think about it I already knew and slipped back into bad habits!)

January 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>