Friday, January 7, 2011

Dinner tonight...



Bed of mixed green leaves, with same grated carrot and beetroot throughout.
(It was one of those package mixes in the fruit section)
Tomato, Cucumber, Capsicum, Onion. A very small amount of cashews for some crunch.
Oven baked chicken skewers. Plenty of cracked pepper.
Looking at it, I think I overdid the chicken, but haven't had any other protein (eggs or meat) today, so should be okay.
My dietician is trying to steer me away from the cashews (love them in salads) and has suggest I toast up some slivered almonds. (Are they sold just near the sultanas etc?)

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Em said...

almonds are good... in the cooking aisle near the cashews ;) lol i think it's almonds and pistachos that are the lowest in fat of nuts... i have bad willpower though so i can't stop at just a few.

January 7, 2011 at 8:42 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I used to buy packets of already toasted slivered almonds to put in Crunchy Noodle Salad. They were near the bigger packs of nuts. I usually get my slivered ones in the baking section near the sultanas. :)

January 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Marilyn said...

Yes almonds are the best of the nuts to eat, far more healthy than most of the others.Dinner looks great, well done.

January 9, 2011 at 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yum! yeah everything I have read says that almonds are the way to go. Have a few for me, (I won't tell anyone). I miss nuts!

January 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

You can get them where the sultanas are, or in the health food isle.

Toasted sunflower seeds are yum in salads too - I wonder if you're allowed them?

January 10, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>