Sunday, January 2, 2011

How I'm doing it.....

I believe when you start losing weight, there is a period of adjustment where your stomach (appetite) has to adjust.

I can't tell you how many times I've started "eating healthy" only to give up four of five days in as I'm too hungry or too tired or too whatever....

I had that adjustment period taken away from me. I spent two weeks in the hospital and for one of those weeks, I didn't eat.
When I left the hospital, my appetite and stomach size had decreased, so if there is a blessing anywhere, I guess that is it.

To understand how I'm losing weight now, I guess you need to know how I was GAINING weight too.

I didn't exercise. Zero. The extent of my body movements was my sessions.
I would eat breakfast at 6.00am (non healthy) I would then have another breakfast at approx 9.00am. (something like scrambled eggs and toast with tea or a sweet muffin etc)
I would come home, sit in front of my computer and work all day until approx 2.00pm. By then, I would be starving.
I never kept any "lunch ingredients" in the house, so I grabbed whatever was quickest and closest before I would pick the kids up - takeaway. I would still be hungry at 4.00pm, so I would snack on whatever was handy and we would eat dinner at approx 6.30pm. I would then snack on something before bed. All this food in a short period of time, no exercise, then bed.

I wasn't enjoying food. I didn't even like food. How strange is that. I was eating because I was starving myself, but I received no joy from selecting food or making meals. My tastebuds had ceased to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger KatherineB said...

OMG Rach - I'm a mess reading this. I think you might have just saved MY life. Thank you sweetie for being *brave* enough to share this... now lets see if I'm as strong as you. {hugs} I look forward to being inspired as you continue this journey. I know how hard it is - because I feel like I'm reading about me.... now off to have a healthy brekkie (something which I don't normally have) and find those walking shoes - THANK YOU and I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! xx

January 5, 2011 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

You've inspired me with your eggs in the morning - I can actually last until lunchtime now - bless!

I've been eating crappy lunches over the Christmas period, but I went to a friends house yesterday and she made me a sambo with tuna, avocado, tomato and rocket and it was delightful - went straight to the shops and bought myself the ingredients. Makes such a difference when you've got stuff at hand, hey?

January 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM  
Blogger CrazyOne said...

This is very close to home for me too. Food? Really dislike lately, hate/hate relationship. Your honesty is more powerful than you know. Xx

January 10, 2011 at 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>