Monday, February 7, 2011

Changed behaviour?

My tastes have changed. I no longer crave chocolate, sugar, fried foods, diet coke etc.

This morning I actually craved 9 grain Vita Wheats spread with vegemite and topped with Alfalfa sprouts LOL Seriously :)

I worked during lunch time yesterday (I photographed an event)
I made sure to have eggs for breakfast (keep me going longer) and a good morning tea before I left. I also took three bottles of water with me and drank them all. (oh boy - it was HOT!)

The Reception was held at the most mouth-watering restaurant I've ever seen. The family and the staff all offered me food and drink, but I'm never hungry when I'm working. (adrenaline maybe?)

The OLD Rachel would have stopped on the way home for take-away....something quick and easy that didn't require me to get out of my car (tired feet)

The NEW Rachel stopped at home, picked up the family, ducked into the shops for some quick groceries and grabbed some crackers and a giant Peach (and another bottle of water) to get me through to Dinner time. (it was 4.30pm by this time)
We went for a walk around a new park that I wanted to show the kids and we came home for dinner. I didn't overindulge as I had taken the edge off my hunger with the crackers/fruit/water.

I was feeling pretty proud of myself last night :)

2 Comments:

Blogger KatherineB said...

LOVING the new Rachel - she is super inspiring - especially when some of us need it most xx Good for you sweetie xx

February 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Yolande said...

I agree Katherine! It is super inspiring to read .. and yes .. feel a lot like you 'used' to be Rachel .. hoping i can find the strength to change my habits too! :)

February 10, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>