Friday, February 4, 2011

inspiration?

Anyone watching Biggest Loser?
I swing from being inspired by it, to being annoyed with it. Mostly with the weight loss "numbers" side of it.
I know they'll make my (average) 1kg loss per week look measly LOL

I cried during their first weigh in and during their introduction stories. I could relate to pieces from them all.
I missed watching the trainers weigh-in.....probably a good thing :/

I must admit, some of their eating habits made me look GOOD! LOL

I wish they'd put up the contestants heights and goal weights.....it makes it hard to gauge their weight without knowing how tall they are.

Mark and I disagreed with parading the contestants in front of their families and friends in their underwear. He thought it was a good motivator for all of them. He's never been overweight in his life. Personally I couldn't have done it and it made me feel sick for them and it was difficult for me to watch.

_________________________________________________

Weight loss has stalled. Trying not to get discouraged. Tonight I jogged / walked / jogged / walked. The heat has made me lazy (or made it easy to make excuses?) so I want to try and budge the scales before I see the Endocrinologist & Dietician next week. BP has been good (went a little crazy for a few days) but things are back to normal.
I also have a hearing test next week and need to squeeze in an ultrasound of my kidneys sometime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Em said...

the heat has made me feel lazy too. i just managed my 9kms on the bike after not doing anything for two days... did it in front of the fan lol (and Biggest Loser)

i get both of your sides with the weigh in... shame is a good thing in this case i think and one of the reasons i never liked going to the beach. after losing 10kg and finding togs i feel good in i don't hate the beach as much lol

February 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

shocking your body is good. I am currently doing a 12wk course at the gym and that is what the trainers put us through this week. So on the cross trainer, 1 min hard, 1 min rest (ie go slow) and repeat, on the rower it was 2min hard 1 min rest. It's good to mix it up too :D

You are doing so so well, I fell off the wagon (well stopped loosing weight, I did put 3kgs back on in the 6mths I wasn't doing WW) when my weight loss stalled so just remember it is easier to keep going than to start again :)

February 4, 2011 at 10:24 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I agree with you both on the underwear parade and also wasn't sure how I felt about the children being there. Although seeing their reaction might also be a good motivator when the contestants need it.
Rachel your honesty in posting your feelings is so appreciated. I relate 100% to you on all matters and need to stop making excuses myself. Thank you!

February 5, 2011 at 12:53 AM  
Blogger DaniW said...

We only watched a bit of it - the bit with the weigh in. I was so upset that they had their children there that we changed channels. I just don't think that's something kids need to see, the humiliation, I prefer to teach by positive examples, not negative. That little girl who was crying when her Dad was up, just wrong.

I do agree with the inspiration bit though, it is a good motivator. It's completely unrelated but Adam and I have both finally stopped procrasinating and making excuses and have started our weight loss journey this week. We are feeling good about ourselves already for finally starting.

Rachel, you have been a big part of helping motivate me to get started, so thank you for that. Another motivator is our upcoming, very long flight/s to London, and your comment about fitting into plane seats. I think about that a lot! That is a fantastic motivator!

February 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Laura Kendall said...

I am obsessed with biggest loser rach. they do have their goal weights and height on their website. www.thebiggestloser.com.au if u click on each person it tell u their starting weight, height and weight loss. i know many ppl hav told u this but HOLY SHIT! this is amazing. ur lovely mother told me to come on and hav a read. u should submit this into a health magazine or sumthing.. the quality of ur writing is amazing. and ur story is AWESOME. iv convinced mum that we are taking all the bad food out of the house and that the parents have to stop drinkning on week nights. i would love for my mum to experience this sort of weight loss.
x

March 6, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>