Thursday, February 17, 2011

Wardrobe declutter

A few jumbled thoughts.....

I emptied out my closet of anything that is too big. As you will see from the photo it equaled a really HUGE pile on the couch.
Some things still had tags on. It felt kind of liberating - I am NOT going back to that size, so why was I hanging on to them?

You will notice that 99% of the items are my "uniform"....black and denim. A little bit of brown thrown in if I was feeling risky :P

I have a big empty closet now LOL, but I'm okay with that :)



_______________________________

My stomach is getting flatter! Mind you, I don't think I'll ever have a "flat stomach", but it's definitely flatter. More in proportion to my hips and bottom if that makes sense?

Remember the pants I found while I was wardrobe shopping? Yesterday I put the keys in my pocket while I was wearing them....and my pants fell down LOL I don't think I even got two weeks wear out of them?

_______________________________

I forgot to mention that the Dietician has set me a goal weight. 75 kgs. I'm still a long way off, but I feel like I can do it.

_______________________________

As I was grocery shopping the other day, I was pondering the rising cost of fruit and vegetables (I'm sure many other people are too) and I was telling Mum that I hesitated about adding some things to my trolley.
As I stood there, I realized that the $4.00 punnet of blueberries is NOTHING compared to what I used to spend on takeaway, junk food etc. I never used to think twice about spending money on those sorts of foods.
I added a $4.00 punnet of blueberries and a $5.00 iceberg lettuce just because I could :)

I shop probably every second day for fruit and vegetables / salad ingredients. I always make sure to have plenty at home.



______________________________

Two ultrasounds and a blood test next week. Going to be a busy one!

4 Comments:

Blogger KatherineB said...

Yay you! That's incredible - I know what you mean about the price of good/healthy things - compare it to a chocolate bar etc - its about changing thinking. You are doing SO WELL Rach. Still so inspiring xx

February 17, 2011 at 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that must have felt soooooo good to clear out your wardrobe Rach. I think you can do 75kg too. Look forward to seeing you reach your goal weight x

February 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger Ali :-) said...

You. Are. Awesome.

I've been regularly reading your blog, Rach and cheering you on through the screen. You're an amazing woman with a truck-load of strength and determination.

I also have my own weight demons to battle and am struggling. It's funny. Out of *all* of the posts by you that I've read on this blog - this one has really struck a chord with me... because I'm sitting here writing this in my stretchy jeans and a black singlet. My wardrobe could be yours... except I through some grey in there with the black and brown too sometimes.

I guess - I'm looking for inspiration and you're providing it in bucketloads.

Sorry - just a long-winded way to say Well Done and Thanks :o)

Ali :o) xoxo

February 17, 2011 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Rach have you thought about going to the Rocklea Markets for F&V? We go every wednesday evening (3pm-8pm) and the produce is so much cheaper and fresher. I got 3 punnets of strawberries for $5 last week, bananas for $2.99kg and unlike the F&V shop there are lots of stall holders so you choose the quality of the produce so you can get bananas that are at the need to go into a cake stage or green and everywhere in between :) We spend a lot of fresh produce about $50 per week but we can get a full pull along trolley thingy full for that amount :)

February 23, 2011 at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>