Wednesday, March 23, 2011

more photos....

First a reminder of the before....
I weighed more than this....but have no evidence of it :(
I know this as my rings (which I'm wearing in this photo) no longer fitted me.




December 2010






Sadly, the photo above was taken when I was already 4-5 months into my weight loss journey.
Wow....just wow.

Sometimes it's hard to feel like I'm making progress. Maybe it's because I still have a long way to go?
It can be a little....daunting sometimes. One of my doctors has just told me to take it one day at a time.
Just keep doing exactly what I'm doing and one day I'll have reached the goal.

I see photos like that one and even I can SEE how far I've come (me, with my warped view of my body :/ )
It's a good feeling.

More recently (last weekend)
Mum, Peta, Baby Jones and myself :)



edit - haha, I just clicked on the photo and Peta has her eyes closed LOL (sorry Sissy!)

_________________________________________________________

One thing that the "new" Rachel Richter has been doing - swimming lessons!

Aria Beth and I have joined a class once a week. I get into the pool with her.
This is a HUGE deal for me. (no pun intended :)
Previously, there is no way that I'd even consider wearing anything swim-related.
Now I wear my board shorts and rashie shirt and have no hesitation in getting into the water.

7 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Em said...

omg you look 20 years younger and SO MUCH ALIVE in the photo with Peta... City Chic do togs and they're actually flattering... i don't mind peeling off which is not normal for me lol

March 23, 2011 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger Leanne Stamatellos said...

lovely pic rach - you girls look great!
and take another look on your camera because that photo was taken twice i thought because peta had shut her eyes!

March 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM  
Blogger KatherineB said...

W.O.W!!! Totally agree with Elizabeth!! Just W.O.W!!!

March 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM  
Anonymous Cassie L said...

you look beautiful Rachel!!

March 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

You're looking amazing Rachel!

March 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Gosh, you're looking amazing! Your whole face has changed - not to mention the 'air' that you give off due to your increased confidence. SO proud! (even if you do put dodgy photos of me up!)

Peta

March 24, 2011 at 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Rachel! You must feel amazing. At the end of the day it's our health that's so important because we have to be here for our kids. You look wonderful and happy. I'm even more inspired not to pick up that packet of chips... Thank you. You're an inspiration to so many! Teen

March 24, 2011 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>