Tuesday, March 15, 2011

crap results...

The legacy of my over-weightness (I can make up words if I like) lives on.

I have a very large gall stone that was picked up on the renal ultrasound.
It's too big to pass on its own. It may become inflamed - especially if I indulge in fatty foods. (I won't)
I've been referred to another Dr to consider options for the future. Surgery maybe.
Definite follow-up ultrasound in 3 months to see what it's doing.
My current diet is most certainly helping to keep things under control.

I have several small cysts on my kidneys. Also referred on. Also follow up ultrasound.
I have no idea what that means and forgot to ask when I was there yesterday.

Hearing test wasn't the best. I've been referred on to an ENT.
(not seeing my Neuro for 6 months, so we're going to look into it in the meantime)

*sigh* So there you have it. Extensive testing means that no (gall) stone is left unturned.

Danielle said - "How did the boobie results go, and was the light headedness from low blood pressure as you thought? and the bp medication, where you allowed to reduce?"

Thanks for making me think Danielle. YES, I did get good news, but focused on the bad :/
I felt a bit sad last night when I wrote this post.
She was very happy with my weight loss (particularly the photo of Jonah and I)
Breast ultrasound was all clear. Not sure what they were seeing on the CT scan, but nothing breast related.
Yes, I can now start halving one of my blood pressure tablets :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah that's a shame. At least they found it and you now know what is going on. It must have felt so good telling your doctor about your fantastic weight loss results though!

How did the boobie results go, and was the light headedness from low blood pressure as you thought? and the bp medication, where you allowed to reduce?

Try not to get too down about the results, in general things are going so well, this is just a bump in the road, it will pass (ha ha?)
DaniW

March 16, 2011 at 7:11 AM  
Blogger KatherineB said...

Oh sweetie. Not crap results. Not ideal but not crap - crap is what you had last year xx. Better to know and work on things than not to know (ha - says she ... I know!!). You are still going great, look great, feel great and ARE GREAT!! Keep going and keep you chin up and Yay! for halving your BP medicine!!!!

March 16, 2011 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Ali :-) said...

Sorry that the results weren't all good for you, Rach :o( But very good news that you can at least reduce your BP medication! You really are doing so incredibly well. Hope all goes OK with the gall stone situation, too. You're doing all of the right things, Rach. Things are definately getting better :o)

Ali

March 16, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>