Tuesday, March 8, 2011

experimenting....

I've been challenging myself to try new recipes at home and after I tried something along these lines at a Sushi place, I decided to make some for myself.

The version I had was avocado, bean sprouts and chicken. Since this was to be my main meal, I added some extra vegetables in as well.

Bean sprouts, avocado, capsicum, red onion, grated carrot, zucchini strips
This made 5 good size rolls....actually mine looked more like rectangles, but not bad for my first time :)
(The ingredients are in a cereal bowl, not a dinner plate)
I dipped them in sweet chilli sauce and they were YUM!





and the sight that greets me every few days.
Love that my Wii me is losing weight with me :)

(don't be impressed by the number of days.....the board sat unused for a long, long time LOL)

4 Comments:

Blogger Leesa said...

Looks very Yummy!! I might steal this recipe and make these one day this week.

March 8, 2011 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach these look so nice. Inspired me to make some of these for lunch one day. UNLESS ..... I just try some of yours.... they look to good to pass up on ;). Cassie x

March 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel I have just read through this entire blog and I am in tears. For you and all that you've gone through but possibly more so for me. I recognise so much of myself in what you've written. Not the medical side of it, though I have plenty of issues that I know are directly related to my weight but the emotions that go with it. I know I need to change and am full of good intentions but in reality I don't seem to have the motivation to continue with it. I have made so many false starts. And that doesn't just apply to weightloss either but every aspect of my life. It's like there's this huge big emotional stumbling block that is stopping me from leading the life I am supposed to live.
Anyway, just wanted to let you know how impressed I am about the changes you have made FOR YOU! Well done. I look forward to following the continuation of your journey. Thanks for sharing it so publicly.
Marieke B

March 10, 2011 at 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Skye Costi said...

Do not even get me started about the bloody wii fit. I love it how it becomes a smart ass if you haven't been on in a little while. Maybe I should get on mine now since I have lost some weight now LOL

March 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>