Monday, April 25, 2011

one step at a time....



Climbed the stairs at Kangaroo Point this morning to try and get my weight loss moving again.

Phew! They don't get any easier.
I still got jelly legs on the last 15 stairs or so.
Recovery time was quicker this time though.

I remember the first time I climbed them.
(I photographed an event at the bottom and stupidly parked at the top)

I had to stop every few stairs, it took me a long time and I was hyperventilating at the top.
1/2 hour later my legs were still shaky.
It took me years to work up the courage to do them willingly LOL

I enjoyed a Chai at the cafe afterwards while the rest of the gang all had Croissants.

Also went to the local park and kicked a footy around with Kaden this afternoon.
This is a double-bonus.
I get to exercise and Kaden gets to burn off excess energy.

I sat in the Doctor's surgery a couple of weeks ago and tearfully asked for help.
His behaviour is out of control and his actions are affecting the entire family. (not in a good way)

Her thoughts are that his actions (there's a long list - a lot are anxiety / stress related) are a direct result of
me being sick. A fear of dying. A fear of something happening to me. A fear of me going back to hospital.

She's spoken to him at length and we now have a referral for a child Psychologist.
Fingers crossed she can give us some solutions or some guidance in dealing with him.
We've reached breaking point :(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big hugs Rach. I hope the Psychologist helps Kaden oxo Am here if you ever need to chat/vent/anything.

April 28, 2011 at 4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're all going through battles with Kaden. I do hope the psyh can help him sort out his emotions. Shirl xx

April 28, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>