Friday, April 8, 2011

losing my pants...

Katherine wrote...
"So proud of you. Watched BL tonight and to think you have achieved what they have achieved
but you've done it on your own!!! You must be SO PROUD too!!!"

It's weird. If I had set out to lose a "certain number" of weight it would have been sooooo overwhelming....
and to be truthful, I probably wouldn't have done it.
I would make excuses, "It's too hard. It's too much to lose. It would take too long"
I know that, as that's what I've been doing for the last four years.

This was never a weight-loss journey for me.

It was a staying alive journey and I think that made all the difference.

My main objection when I left the hospital was to reduce my blood pressure and not have an Aneurysm or a Stroke.

No doubt that to achieve this I had to lose weight, but it felt as though the decision had been taken out of my hands.

Lose weight or die.

__________________________________________

Last week in a crisis I had to quickly grab some clothes to throw on and I pulled a pair of jeans out of my closet.
It wasn't until I got out of the car a little later that I realized.....those pants weren't going to stay up LOL

I (regretfully) threw out a size 26 pair of jeans that used to be tight, but I did hang on to a size 24 just for a reminder.
I was kicking myself for stupidly grabbing my biggest pair of jeans.
I walked along with one hand gripping the waist the whole time and the bottoms were dragging on the ground.
A great look, I'm sure :)
When I finally got home and ripped them off.......size 20!!!! I only bought those jeans around January I think.

I'm guessing I'm a size 16 now. (haven't tried on any new clothes recently)

38.5 kgs lost.

A heartfelt thank you to everyone that posts here, on Facebook or sends me private messages.
It means a lot xx

3 Comments:

Blogger Leanne Stamatellos said...

Wow - size 16 - and you look it too - well done to you Rach - I'm loving the new you which is looking as beautiful as the you I've always known on the inside!

April 8, 2011 at 4:58 PM  
Anonymous Kristin said...

WOW Rachel that is awesome!!! Well done!

April 8, 2011 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Awesome work Rachel.

The pants is one thing that no one ever tells you, that the more you lose the longer your pants seem to get!! I thought I was rapidly shrinking in height for a while!

April 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>