Thursday, April 21, 2011

so close....and yet so far....

Hmmm, let's not talk about weight. Bugger!
I remember this happened when I was *this* close to 30kgs - it took forever to get over the line.

Lack of exercise is the primary reason.
School holidays, sick kids, major dramas with Kaden -
no excuses - I'm to blame and I control what I do (or don't do)

Got up this morning and exercised.
Weighed myself for the first time in quite a few days - (I was avoiding it) Put on 400g :(

It's given me a shake up and I will get moving again......in the right direction.

38.8kgs lost.

___________________________________________________

Got some awesome blood test results.

Among lots of others, my Vitamin D was 45 (should be 50-150)

Recently - 106

Cholesterol was 6.2 (should be 3.9-5.5)

Recently - 5.2

Triglyceride was 2.3 (should be 0.6 - 2.0)

Recently - 1.2

Fast. Glucose was 5.4 - down to 5.2

Most significantly, my liver function was 62 (normal is 5-30) and is now 10 !

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan Jones said...

Rach, you are doing so well. DO. NOT. get down on yourself for putting on 400g......we live our lives with our weight fluctuating constantly...that will happen and as you get smaller and smaller, you will find that this will happen, but don't ever lose heart, it's just the way our bodies work! Next week you'll lose that AND some and it all just evens itself out. Hang in there. I've been out pounding the pavement too....one hour walk every day with whingeing child - LOVIN IT - NOT !!! I have a goal to reach 65kgs by December for my 40th !!!

April 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

what great results! I remember my LFT when I was pregnant with Arabella, in fact it was the day my Obs told me that we would be having a baby this afternoon (at 37wks) its was 379 LOL as you say 'normal' is 5-30!

Don't be hard on yourself for gaining a little it really could be anything a bit of fluid, hormones etc 400g isn't a lot atleast you haven't gained 30kgs! The thing is now that you have weighed yourself your head will be clear and you can just start fresh from that weight (does that make sense?) The 400g is no longer important you gained, thats fine but now it's time to move on :)

I have finally lost 20kgs it seems like it's been 6mths I have been trying to get over the line I hear you so so much!

April 21, 2011 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger PJ said...

You're doing so well! Don't let this get you down.

What you should be focussing on is your liver function rating - wow - what a difference!!!!!

April 21, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>