Monday, May 16, 2011

an assortment of thoughts.....

I've found a negative to weight loss - I'm feeling the COLD!!

In the past, Mark has always referred to me as an oven when I sleep.
(Now if you know me, you KNOW that I can't go any further without making some
reference to the fact that I'm hot in bed :P )

Usually I sleep in a Summer nightie all year round and add a quilt in Winter.
This week (unusually cold in the first place) I wore long pants, long sleeves, SOCKS and two quilts
and my hands and feet were still like ice.

I remember this from when I lost weight with Optifast about 4 years ago, but
this has been the first time I've noticed it this time around.

As a side note - I've lost more weight on my own than I did with Optifast.
I think I lost about 38 kgs with Optifast.
When I fell pregnant with Aria I put all of that back on
(during the pregnancy and the two years afterwards) plus more :(

Optifast is great for rapid weight loss and a great motivator as it's easy to see results.
Would I recommend it? No.
I can go into my reasons why if anyone is interested.

_______________________________________

The hospital visit went as well as can be expected.
I was to visit the Sleep Disorder Clinic at the request of my Hypertension Doctors to rule out
Sleep Apnea as a cause of High Blood Pressure.
It was a waste of time (I felt) as I don't have sleep issues any longer.
On the upside - I'm in the "system" and I'm now a patient of the Sleep Clinic, so my
Doctors can order a sleep study (night time stay) at anytime.
Fingers crossed there will never be a need.

A strange moment. I was seen by one of the staff before the actual doctor and she had to measure
my weight and height.
She got embarrassed and started stammering and apologising.
By the way she was acting I thought she was going to ask me to take my clothes off,
but she was actually apologising for WEIGHING ME.
Wow.
I could have told her my exact weight - I weigh every day almost LOL
It made me realise that *I* know how far I've come, but to a person off the street
I must still look overweight :(
Kind of depressing really.

_______________________________________

Going back to the PA was hard :( The feeling hit me unexpectedly.
That horrible anxiety when I walked past the "Transit Lounge" where I spent some of the most horrifying
moments of my life.
I got a little frustrated and cranky at myself for letting the anxiety in, but I can't control it.

_______________________________________

BP has been a little on the low side again and I've had a couple of episodes of lightheadedness,
so I've been given the go ahead today to start decreasing another one of my medications.
Great news on that front.
(Even just financially - hah! You wouldn't believe what I'm spending per month on medication)

_______________________________________

It was a tough week last week (routine-wise) but I stayed on track with my exercise and tried to
eat as normally as I could. (hard when work overlaps with meal times etc)

1 Comments:

Blogger KatherineB said...

WOW YOU!! Hmmm, how to say .... feeling the cold opens up all sorts of ideas for keeping warm ;) :P sorry had to say it (I know you'll giggle).

I totally agree about Optifast! The way you have lost your weight is the ONLY way to keep it off permanently! Go YOU!

Oh sweetie - don't get depressed. You know how much you've lost and to me you look HEALTHY! Your hair and skin shine and you have a twinkle in your eye - don't let anyone's 'unprofessional twitch' make you feel embarrassed. Who cares what other people think anyway, it's what's in YOUR head and heart that count. We love ya!

How good are you for dropping more meds - that's brilliant news, health wise and financially! Woo Hoo.

You are going so well Rach. Keep up the brilliant work and stay true to YOU! xx

May 16, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>