Tuesday, May 31, 2011

travels....

I had my first panic episode in months and months this morning.
It came out of nowhere, nothing triggered it that I can think of. (except maybe below)
I was out shopping with Aria, quickly left the shops and by the time I got home I
was feeling better again. Strange.

I watched Rescue Special Ops last night. Does anyone else have certain shows that
trigger feelings or memories?
When I came home from hospital and I was my sickest and weakest, I spent whole days on the couch
(avoiding my bed) watching back to back episodes of RSO. (from the first season to the current one)

When the song came on last night it made me feel sick! It took me straight back to last July/August.

_____________________________________________________________

I spent the last four days in Perth. I was supposed to go last August (I had something like 12 sessions lined up)
but I put the flight into credit and it was time to use it or lose it. (lots of $$$)

I made the decision only to take on a very small amount of work and to also have a "day off" while we were there.
This was my first trip back doing interstate sessions, so I wanted to ease back into it.

A couple of big moments for me......and ones that you probably won't get unless you are (or have been)
extremely overweight.

The seats were small. I fit the seatbelt around me WITH ROOM TO SPARE.
I've flown before with my seatbelt digging into me the whole way (pulled within millimeters of its life to reach around me)
I've also flown before with it NOT DONE UP. (It wouldn't reach.....and I was too embarrassed to ask for an extender :(

The tray table folded down onto my lap without touching my body. Another big accomplishment.
In the past, I've either given it a miss altogether or had it sitting on an angle as it rested on my body :(

One last good moment - I've had a haircut/colour and I'm wearing new clothes.
Mark didn't recognize me TWICE LOL
(looking for me in the crowd - he couldn't spot me :)

________________________________________________

Food wise - things were so-so. It was tricky keeping tabs on the time difference / meal times etc.
We ate out for every meal and I found it difficult to find healthy choices. Or even LIGHT choices.
Everything was big serving sizes or heaps of chips, big pieces of meat, served on bread etc.
I was SO sick of food and eating by the time we got back. I was excited to get back into routine this morning.
Looking forward to lots of salad and wraps and fish this week :)
I stuck to my eating plan really well (choices) and left bread on the plate or chips etc,
but sucked at serving sizes. (overate a few times)

Exercise - I did awesome. Mostly thanks to Mark. We walked heaps and heaps.
Walked about 1km to dinner, then back. Had a long walk before breakfast etc.
Lots of shopping/walking. Every time we encountered an escalator I took the stairs.
I felt really energetic and happy. Sore feet....but that comes with the job :)

No panic feelings or anxiety on the plane. Didn't need any "happy pills".
No headaches. Didn't worry about my blood pressure at all.
(Didn't even bring the cuff, so had a five day break from it)
Haven't weighed in - I'm going by the fit of my clothes....especially my new jeans LOL
(weight is worked out on the number of jumps it takes to get into them *snort*)

A very successful trip.
I've come a loooong way since being scared to go to Stradbroke Island :)
(seriously. Stradbroke Island = no hospital = fear of dying in my mind)

Some photos. Click to view.
(Don't judge me on my shoes - I went for comfort :P )

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber Kids said...

It was Tuesday and you didn't run into me at the shops ;) No seriously, sorry you had the panic attack Rach. I hope it was random and won't happen again anytime soon.

Yay you on how well you did while away. Btw I have to say, even though you look amazing in your photos, seeing the woman in the flesh is the true indicator and OMG! well done x

May 31, 2011 at 7:38 PM  
Anonymous Leesa said...

You look amazing!! I am in complete awe of you Rach! You are doing so well!!

May 31, 2011 at 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about certain TV shows. I was terribly sick with hyperemesis when I was pregnant with Charlotte and Ready Steady Cook made me feel ill. Every time the show/music would start I would immediately have to change the channel. I still choose not to watch it.

Steph

May 31, 2011 at 7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach, you look amazing! Just sad that we didn't catch up for a coffee whilst you were here in Perth.
Shirl x

June 1, 2011 at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>