Friday, June 24, 2011

hello



Something I'm asked is "tell me your diet" or "share your recipes"
My answer is always the same.

I'm not on a diet. I haven't dieted in the last 10 months.

I'm eating healthy.

I'm eating MORE now as I'm eating 5 times a day. (roughly every 2.5 hours)

I don't count calories. Or count points. Or drink shakes.

I eat in moderation. I know what a portion size is.

I don't let myself get STARVING hungry.

If I treat myself...I work off that treat.

I get my body moving.

I'm not following any recipes. I cook without oil, fat, salt.
I don't deep fry. I grill. I bake. I trim fat. I choose healthy cuts of meat.
I choose trim milk over full fat.
I'll choose a low fat yoghurt, low fat cheese.

I don't buy a muffin/cake to "treat myself" when I buy a cup of coffee (that was common for me ;)

A friend directed me to a FB page the other day and I've loved reading it.
I've found myself nodding over and over to things she has written.

Here's a couple that stood out......

"The real key to lasting weight release is not a better diet, but better thinking." ~Sandy

and this one was true for me....

"Are you a perfectionist? Do you think that if you don’t eat perfectly all day, there’s no sense in continuing? Don't get trapped into all-or-nothing thinking. Instead, make a step, any step, in the direction you want to move. Remember: Progress, not perfection." ~Sandy

Here is the Facebook page if you want to check it out for yourself....

Mindwise Bodywise

__________________________________________

Hmm, so much going on in my head right now.

Thank you all. Truly, THANK you for supporting me. Messages, calls, offers to take me to the Doctor,
look after my kids etc.
I appreciate you all xx

I think I've gotten over the shock a little from seeing the Optometrist.
I feel a little ripped off, truth be told :P
I've done all the right things etc. Lost a stack of weight (which was thought to be the cause of my BIH
in the first place) Just to hear that it's back again really threw me.
I was supposed to be cutting back on my BIH medication actually (before I saw them next at the PA) and
hadn't even started doing that yet. (won't touch it now and will stay at the same dose)

I have however, dropped ANOTHER medication completely. For Blood Pressure!!
I've been on this medication since I stopped breastfeeding Aria.....so three years.
It's GONE! BP is holding steady without it - yay!


The appointment with the Neuro/Ophthalmologist is this Thursday.
It's the same head Doctor I see at the PA, only I'm seeing him privately so I don't have to wait.
I'm very scared :(
I didn't go into a lot of detail about what happened last time,
but it was the main factor of my post traumatic stress
and thinking about it still brings me to tears quite easily.

It's out of my control now....and I just have to wait.

_____________________________________

Most recent photo. (note to self - clean the bathroom mirror :P )



and a blurry, sleepy photo of my girl and I just cause I love it :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Ali :-) said...

Beautiful photo, Rach! My goodness - I can't believe how YOUNG you look!!! You are looking just incredible :o) It's funny - I don't *know* you, but I'm so proud of you :o)

June 24, 2011 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Rachel you are doing fabulously! You look fantastic and should be very proud of where you are now. Will be thinking of you and praying that you get good results at the doctor. So many people are following your journey and we are all wishing you the best.

June 27, 2011 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Amber Kids said...

You are looking terrific! and I love love love your hair!

Will be thinking of you on Thursday. Hope it goes better than you expect.

oxo

June 27, 2011 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger KatherineB said...

*giggle* at Ali - that is EXACTLY what I was going to say - look how YOUNG you look - did you have AB when you were a teen Rach? LOL!!! Gorgeous photos Rach. Don't worry about Thu - all will be good xx I'm here if you need anything xx

June 27, 2011 at 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Blythe said...

You're looking so fabulous Rachel, you have worked so hard and with such a wonderful mindset. Congratulations.

June 30, 2011 at 2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics of you and AB! So it seems that even though I'm the 'baby' in the family, I now have a 'younger brother and sister'!

Peta xo

June 30, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>