Tuesday, June 14, 2011

the numbers game...

I hadn't weighed in eight days. Again I was convinced that I had put on weight.
In my mind my bra felt tighter, my jeans felt tighter.....I felt BIG.

After much head-talking this morning (LOL) I decided to get on the scales and just weigh myself
and put myself out of my misery.

I'd lost weight.

Hmm. This is good news, don't get me wrong,
but I think I need to talk to my doctors about the mental side of things.
Should it be occupying my mind this much? Do you EVER stop thinking about weight/food/exercise?
Is it GOOD that I don't stop thinking about it? So many questions LOL

Dietician is this coming Thursday. 42.2 kgs lost.
I last saw them four months ago and had lost 32kgs.
Not as much weight lost in the time since as I would have liked, but 10kgs is 10kgs and I *hope* they'll be happy with that.

5th of August is my 12 month anniversary
(this is the date that I started recording my weight with the doctors, with the intention of lowering it)

I'm looking at a Storey Bridge climb to celebrate :)

_______________________________________________________


Things have been going pretty well with KJ and the Child Psychologist.
We know WHY he's behaving the way he is. We've made lots of progress since we've started.
The weekend was bad though :(
Trying to remember that the good days outnumber the bad at the moment.
I never thought a child would be so mentally draining :/

_______________________________________________________

I have had a few days of light-headiness. When I bend, stand too quick.....or even just sitting.
I decreased one of my blood pressure medications on the 9th (6 days ago) and my blood pressure is lower than ever.
Today I've been given the go ahead to STOP one of my blood pressure tablets completely for two days
and then try again on the reduced dose. We'll re-evaluate in a few days.

I admit to having some (a fair bit) of anxiety about decreasing or stopping my medication.
It's been my "safety net" for the last 10 months.

It will be really nice for the head spins to stop though :/
(lowest reading was 90/67. Average for the last week has been approx 105/60 ish)

Average before the C/Artery Dissection was 165/95 with medication (not good)

_______________________________________________________

My first set of rings (original ones that I got Married with) are now too big on my ring finger.
I will have to stop wearing them.
From memory, I did have them resized (bigger) many years ago, so they're not actually the size they were on the day.

My second set of rings (purchased in the last couple of years when the first set became too tight LOL)
have been sitting in the safe for quite a few months now and can now comfortably fit my middle fingers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali :-) said...

Awesome news regarding the weightloss AND the reduction in blood pressure meds, Rach!!! Hope those head-spins bugger off for you though.

You're doing SO well! Love reading about your successes - you're an inspiration :o)

Ali

June 15, 2011 at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>