Monday, July 4, 2011

what I'm eating....

I've caused a little confusion with my "no diet" claim, so I just wanted to clarify.

I'm not following a structured diet or meal plan. I'm not following any menus, I'm not weighing food,
counting calories etc.

I'm being SENSIBLE.

I think if you're honest with yourself, you KNOW what's healthy and what's not.

I no longer eat fatty takeaway like burgers, fries, chicken rolls, fried chicken, pizza.
(11 months on and I can't believe I used to eat like that)

I have takeway or eat out quite often - but I make a better choice.

A Subway roll loaded with salad.
Sushi rolls are something that I've discovered in the last year and are a favourite.
(I usually just get the vegetarian.)
The extended family celebrated a birthday with Chinese takeaway recently. I skipped the fried rice
and I skipped the spring rolls. I ate lots of stir fry and vegetables. Choose the meat that hasn't been
deep fried.

Last night we went out to dinner. I chose a grilled Barramundi with vegetables.
Lots of lemon and parsley seasoning - it was yum!
In the past I probably would have chosen the gourmet burger (meat, cheese, bacon, sourdough bun) with chips and aioli?
I know I would have had dessert too.

I've cut white bread completely (bread, rolls etc) and I only ever eat bread products at lunch time.
(A wrap would be my first choice)
I rarely have rice, potatoes, pasta etc, but eats lots of salad and vegetables.

I had a CHEESE addiction LOL (and I think I've spoken about this before)
I've cut waaay back on my cheese intake. (maybe once a week if that)

Another tip my dietician gave me -
When I was making a salad, I'd add chicken, cashews, avocado and cheese (for example)
She got me to choose just ONE, so that's how I make a salad.

One more thing I've thought of -
I don't eat past dinner time. I had a really bad habit of snacking before bed. (SWEET TOOTH)
Chocolate, biscuits, ice cream. Whatever was handy really.
We have a shop straight across the road and I have a husband who would do anything I asked (bad combination)
I have a cup of tea (trim milk, no sugar) with my medication and that's it. (don't miss it anymore)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali :-) said...

Thanks for the insight into your "diet", Rach :o) Something I really struggle with is breakfasts. I'm not really keen on breakfast... unless it would be bacon, egg, sausages, toast, mushrooms, etc... but that's not exactly "healthy"!

What do you have for breakfast that you find tasty, filling and healthy?

Ta!
Ali :o)

July 7, 2011 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>