Friday, August 5, 2011

a day in the life.....

Here's what a normal day looks like to me...(click to view)



Of course, I have more to drink that that (usually two "milk" drinks like coffee or chai and lots of tea)
I try to have lots of water, but prefer something warm at the moment.

Twelve months today since I started my "healthy me" journey. I would say for the most part it's been easy.
Truly. I just did what had to be done.

I'm still the exact same weight that I have been for the last few weeks LOL (to the .6)
but I have started actively exercising again.
My body shape is changing again (knickers are looser LOL)
I bought a new dress to inspire myself.
It's snug fitting and I'd like my hips and bottom to be a little smaller before I wear it.
(6 weeks) I'm sure I can get there :)

It's unlike anything I've EVER worn in my life - eek! Nervous and excited at the same time.
It was exactly what I was looking for.

5 Comments:

Blogger KatherineB said...

Yay for you!!! Happy Anniversary or Happy Birthday - the birth of the new you! whichever way you want to look at it. What a year you've had - all positive as you are here, you are well and you are so inspiring!

On a different note I'm so glad you posted this pic - is that really what you eat in a day? Oh - my portion sizes need to change! only 1 sushi??? eek! I have 2!

Huge congrats on the knickers! and the LBD! Can't wait to see a post about it! LBD -never had one either! Good luck for the next year Rach - you rock!

August 5, 2011 at 11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel - be so proud of yourself - 12 months is a really long time to be so diligent - and now you have done it for 12 months it will be easier to do for the rest of your life. Congratulations - you have changed your and your family's lives :-)

Cannot wait to see you in your new dress xxx
Philippa

August 5, 2011 at 1:05 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

That all looks so delicious! Where on earth do you get that sushi from, it looks great! and I am like Katherine, I normally have 2.....I find it hard to stop at 1 lol.

You have come so far, I hope you are feeling proud, you have done amazing things for yourself and your family.

I'm going to be a bit bossy now and say, try try try to up your water intake :p I have been shocking lately and I really pay for it energy/mood wise. I had gone from 2 to 3 litres a day to maybe 1. I found by squeezing a spot of fresh juice (lemon, lime or orange) into it helped to get back into it (now though I am using a drop of that diet lime juice cordial).
Hot drinks are still okay, but because they dehydrate you, sufficient/extra water is essential oxox

Keep up the great work.

August 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post, more like this would be great. It's so different actually reading about vs seeing the food and it all looks REALLY yum! I need to change my portion sizes too, I always put too much on my plate. Can you post what you have in your wrap?

Congrats on making it through the past year. You are still going and haven't given up and that is just awesome! Well done :)
Steph

August 5, 2011 at 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your determination is inspiring! And i have to say I usually have about 3 of those sushi sticks - portion sizes are my enemy too!

Peta

August 30, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>