Tuesday, August 30, 2011

looking back...

from January 1st, 2011

"I can remember standing at the bottom of the stairs at Luna Park, Sydney (June 2010) and looking at
them in dismay. I gave Mark my camera bag, told him to go ahead and I'd meet him at the top.
I struggled up those stairs, my breathing was labouring heavily, my legs felt like jelly and I clutched the
sides and pulled myself up. My chest actually ached when I reached the top and I wondered if I would
have a heart attack. When we flew home the sides of the seat were literally digging in to me and I had to
contort my body to do up the seatbelt and I spent the entire flight with it strangling me.
What was I doing to myself :(

New me. I'm tempted to fly back to Sydney and run up those stairs just because I know I could now :)"


Sydney - August 2011. I ran those stairs three times :)


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you! I can't believe how different you look - way to go sissy!

Peta

August 30, 2011 at 9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this post aloud to Dan & started crying. You're amazing xo

August 30, 2011 at 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you see the 1st pic of you and then the "new" pic of you, WOW!

I really see you as a butterfly. The "old" you in a coccoon and the "new" you has just appeared....ready to show the world how beautiful you are.

PS Love the face mask!

Shirl x

August 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missing your blog posts Rachel! I have just started my own blog too, i'll send you an invite if you like :)
Steph D

October 4, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

View older posts up the top in the sidebar >>>>